We’re looking to recruit a Head of Fundraising
APF offers an exciting opportunity for an experienced fundraiser to help this pioneering charity reach dedicated but marginalised communities in Africa with practical, spiritual and sustainable transformations.
APF is a well established UK charity that exists to enable effective Christian leadership which brings community transformation through local African churches. Our innovative e-learning app, eVitabu, was launched in 2018 and is now being used by approximately 1000 African church leaders in 25 nations, reaching thousands of churches and hundreds of thousands of Christians. In order to continue to develop and improve the app, ensure sustainable expansion in Africa and appoint African Partner Workers to deliver in-country training, we now seek to appoint a creative, strategic and experienced fundraiser, willing to work as part of a small team to help us increase income from a variety of sources.
You will be expected to:
- Build on the work already done to manage relationships with individuals, churches, charitable trusts and other sources to support the work of APF, managing existing donors, database and adding to this portfolio to secure significant growth in income.
- Research and identify appropriate funders, whose criteria match our developmental needs, preparing cases for support and submitting compelling digital campaigns, written bids and complex grant applications, as appropriate.
- Maintain and develop relationships providing updates and arranging visits as required.
- Deliver growth in income from other fundraising activities such as trading and events, and mobilising supporters to do the same.
You will be:
- In full sympathy with the Christian values and ethos of APF
- Experienced and with a track record of success in, preferably Christian, fundraising and/or digital marketing and management systems.
- Having excellent inter-personal skills and able to work as part of a dispersed team (there is an office in Faversham, Kent, but the post-holder could work remotely)
- One day per week (can be worked flexibly)
- 40kGBP per year, pro rata
- Four weeks annual leave
- Six month probationary period
For a copy of the job description and person specification, or to enquire further, please email Revd David Stedman